Pages

A Kid in Exam

I was 3rd graded - brilliant student.
Exams were on, and my mom didn't want me to be included in any “cheating”. But I was too innocent to get what kind of cheating can be done in exams.
So just before going to school she said,
“Keep in mind… In Exams people lie, they don’t tell correct answer. So don’t ask anything to anybody - maybe to prevent me asking for help from friends.”
Now things went as per her expectation only.
Question was - What is currency of India ? Rupees (INR) or Dollar ?
and I was not sure what is currency neither I was aware about Dollar.
Mom have told that people lie… I must not ask anybody for the answer.
I was confused what to do now (even I didn’t think about to skip the question), stopped writing.. quite.. holding my pencil… looking into question paper (answers were supposed to be filled in and submitted).
Supervisor madam was kind. She saw me in such situation. came to me, looked in my paper.
“Its Rupees”
I wrote it. As soon as she left my place, erased answer and wrote “Dollar”.
Wow, I’m so smart. I got the answer and I didn’t have to ask for any help
Came home, Proudly.. told entire scene to my mom.
A Big Face-Palm !!!!!

2 comments: