Pages

Don't forget to collect the change

I was in hurry, was running late. In addition to the scene I had to stop at petrol pump.
Filled the tank with the fuel worth 100, given him 500 and forgot to take 400 back.
Stormed off towards the office. After some 10–15 kms, I realized the loss I had. As i was already running late, didn't go back.
After accomplishing the task, while returning, decided to go pump and ask for 400. But somewhere in my mind, i have already believed that m not getting it back.
I have always been advised not to be too much honest as people out there don't deserve honesty. They will always take an advantage of me and my honesty - I had an impression that they will not return my money back
Still went there. Asked the concern.
“Do you remember, who was serving on the booth at the time” guy on pump asked
“I didn't notice his face, was in hurry. But you can see it CC TV camera” i said.
“You are not in Metropolitan, CC TV is just for the show here. Tell me the time” he said in sarcastic way.
“Around 2:30 PM” i said. Was sure that now nothing will help me as there was no CC TV camera.
“Okay wait, calling that guy” and he watched the time and stood still. Didn't call anybody.
I was confused by that, but decided not to ask anything, just waited.
Meanwhile he checked time for couple of times. I thought he will not do anything, it would be better just to leave.
And then finally after 23 minutes, he called me.
Pulled 400 from his pocket and gave me right away.
Was shocked a bit. He didn't confirm anything from anyone, I have seen that.
He smiled “you left giving me 500, filling your scooter with fuel worth 100. I shouted, you didn't hear. It was my break time and I have waited 23 minutes for you to come back for your 400. You didn't come. Here are your 400, next time be careful, its really hard to be honest.”

2 comments:

  1. Btw..Your fuel spelling is wrong..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! thanks. I really suck at spellings! (you did not need to go in Anonymous BTW :D)

      Delete